duminică, 19 aprilie 2015

Review of the Vibe Toys Kun

A while back, I had gotten something to review that was made by Toy’s Heart and I discovered their rather cute little mascot. At that time, all it was to me was a white outline of the bubble critter on a silver tube of lubricant. Little did I know that the company actually had a vibrator fashioned after it, and that it was Pepto-Bismol pink, just like a certain video game character. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t resist this shot. Plus, you get to see how small it really is.

Basic Info
• Size: About the size of a ping pong ball – 2” x 3.5”
• Powered By: 2 button cell batteries (LR1130)
• Material: plastic vibrator / questionable mascot covering, rubber?
• Compatible Lubricants: Water-based only
• Speeds: 1-speed
• Water-Proof: Yes
• Anal-Safe: No

Packaging: This cute little vibe came from Japan in a box with the usual customs form/labels on it. There was nothing to indicate there was a sex toy inside. The label just said “toy (no lithium battery)” and “health item”.

Ignore my finger and the big rip in the form. I got a little too excited and cut open the package before taking pictures…

Despite being able to see the toy inside, I have to say that the product packaging is fairly discreet. The only things that would suggest that this is a sex toy is the fact that it says that it’s water-proof and for ages 20 & up. As long as whoever is looking at this package can’t read Japanese, you should be fine. There’s a phrase in Japanese on the back of the packaging that states this is a “cute mascot vibrator”.

There really isn’t a whole lot of information on the packaging. It states that the plastic box and inner card are recyclable. Also included is the manufacturer’s website, a safety warning, and that’s all.

There is no information on the material of this vibrator or how to operate it. If your vibrator seems dead on arrival, push it out of the mascot cover, unscrew the cap, and take out the circular paper insert. Replace the cap, shove it back in the mascot, and it should be good to go.

Material: As stated earlier in the review, the packaging says nothing about the material used to make the mascot or the vibrator within. However, by the smell of the mascot, my husband and I have agreed that our best guess is rubber. It’s firm yet flexible and has that certain smell to it. The mascot has a matte finish to it.

The vibrator inside is obviously made of plastic, and has a glossy finish to it.

I would not recommend that this toy be shared between partners. For one, I suspect that it’s rubber, which means that it is porous and will harbor bacteria and whatnot. And two, I’m not exactly sure what material it is, so it would be better to be safe than sorry. I would venture to say that it is phthalates-free, but I’m not sure if it’s latex-free.

Compatible Lubricants: I would only use water-based lubricants with this vibrator. Although the inner vibe is plastic, and silicone-based lubes won’t damage it, I’m not so sure about the rubbery cover. I’ve tried a couple silicone-based lubes on the base with no ill effects, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Do a patch test first on the underneath of this toy. If the spot where you dabbed lube becomes tacky or gummy, scrape that stuff off, wash the toy well, and choose another lubricant.

Design / Construction: There’s not much to say about the design, other than it’s a cute little hollow pink mascot with a mini bullet vibrator inside the cavity. The only visible seam is on the underneath of the mascot where the bullet is inserted. It’s pretty easy to push the bullet out, in case you need to replace the batteries or use it by itself.

If I didn’t already know that it’s the mascot of a sex toy manufacturer, I would just assume it’s a figure of a video game character or something. It’s pretty discreet, as long as you don’t turn it over. If you turn it over, you’ll see the button to turn it on.

The vibrator is a push-button style. Push it once to turn it on. Push it again to turn it off. There’s only one speed, and it actually is waterproof. Over time, though, I’m not sure how well that will work. The seal on it is rather thin. I haven’t seen any water leak into mine. I have to say, it’s a little louder underwater.

Vibrations
• Vibration Level Inside Mascot: 1/5
• Vibration Level of Vibrator By Itself: 2/5

The vibration transfer for the vibrator within the mascot is absolutely pathetic. I can barely feel the vibrations through the arms or legs, although it does transfer through the bulbous body a bit better.

I would say that the vibrations are very buzzy, and only offer surface vibrations. This little vibrator just isn’t enough to get me off.

Inside the mascot, the vibrations only transfer through the bulbous body, spanning out and not providing the direct clitoral stimulation that I need. Using the vibrator outside of the mascot isn’t much better. The vibrations are buzzy and weak. If you are rather sensitive to vibrations, and most regular bullet vibrators are too strong for you, then I might recommend this. To anyone else, though, it’s going to be a disappointment.

Noise Level
• Noise Level Inside Mascot: 1/5
• Noise Level of Vibrator By Itself: 1.5/5

Inside the mascot, I can barely hear this vibrator under the covers. Without the mascot cover, I can hear the vibrator a little more, but not much. I can’t hear this vibe through a closed door, which is not surprising given the weak vibrations it puts out.

Cleaning: Your best bet is just going to be soap and water. Don’t bleach this or try to boil it. Because I suspect it’s rubber, which is a porous material, you won’t be able to sanitize the mascot cover.

Storage: If you won’t be using this for a while, remove the batteries. It’s always better to be safe than find that the battery compartment has become corroded by old batteries. Don’t let it touch other sex toys, as reactions can occur and compromise the structure of the material. This can result in what looks like a melted toy. You can leave this little guy out in plain sight. I doubt very many people would ever recognize this as a sex toy, unless they had already seen it online or in a store.

Opinion: So… Vibe Toys Kun is pretty quiet, but it doesn’t put out strong vibrations that I need to actually get off. Really, it doesn’t even put off moderate vibrations.. Therefore, the batteries shall be removed and it shall sit at the corner of my laptop and assist me with reviews by um… doing nothing but looking cute and staring at me. I shall buy him a tiny derby and name him Dirby, and he shall be my Dirby. At least, since he’s flexible and hollow, he’ll make a good squeeze stress toy.

When I first saw this character drawn on a lube packet, I wanted a toy version of it. I have it now, and it is cute. It would have been nice if the vibrator would have been better, but I honestly just wanted it because it’s the mascot. So…yeah.. If you just want a cute decoration, go for it. If you’re serious about wanting a good vibrator, keep shopping.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu