joi, 19 martie 2015

Review of the Fenis STP Device

The Fenis is a silicone STP (Stand-To-Pee) device that was "designed to bridge the physical gap between the way men and women urinate". This device allows the user to urinate in a standing position and even control the direction of the flow. Unlike medicine spoons and many other STP devices, the Fenis has a soft, flexible body to allow for easy storage and travel.

Although the Fenises in the video below aren’t the final models (this is from 2010), it’s a great video, if you’d like to see how these devices are intended to work and learn a little more of the backstory. I will warn you, though, the people that the creator and his partner are pitching the Fenis to are very unprofessional and immature, at least in my opinion. I’m mostly referring to Arlene. It was very frustrating for me to watch her and listen to her remarks.

Packaging: My hot pink Fenis came in a clear Ziploc bag with the company label.

Curled inside the shaft was a slip of paper that has the user guide printed on it. There’s a small diagram showing how to position it as well as information about testing the device, positioning and use, and cleaning and care.

Material: The Fenis is made of pure silicone. This means that the device is phthalates-free, latex-free, and will resist the growth of bacteria.

Since the manufacturer utilizes an injection molding system, some bubbles remain in the final product. They do plan to eliminate these bubbles from their products, when they improve their manufacturing methods. All of their items are handmade.

The material is very flexible, and allows the device to be folded and squashed, while still being able to return to its original state. So far, I’ve have no issue with the bubbles tearing or opening up holes. If anything ever happens to it, I’ll be sure to update. Since these devices are made of silicone, though, they should remain in perfect condition for years to come.

Size: The Fenis is a little over 7” in total length. The shaft is 3.75” long, and 1.25” wide. The receptacle is 3.5” long, and 1.5” across at the widest point. This device is not intended for packing, and is not a medical device. Please note that I have exceptionally small hands, so anything I hold will look much larger than it is. I wear a size 4 wedding band, which is actually loose on me.

Experience: As a cisgendered female who is very picky about the sanitary conditions of where I’ll pee, this is awesome. Although I don’t mind squatting and have basically perfected my aim since I’ve been doing that probably ever since elementary school (OMG Germs on the toilet seat! No touchie!), there have been times in my life that I’ve desperately wished for something like the Fenis.

Because apparently women never go camping or fishing, whenever my husband and I do, the bathrooms are always a nightmare. I’ve snuck in the men’s bathroom plenty of times, just because the women’s was so full of spider webs and a various creepy crawlies.

The Fenis is easy to carry with me, even if I don’t want to take a bag or backpack with me; I can just crumple it up and shove it in my pocket. Lining the receptacle up underneath of me was a little tricky the first couple times, but I got used to it pretty quickly. As long as you have it in the right spot and angle, and don’t press it into your body, you’re good. After the initial testing failures, it’s been smooth sailing and I haven’t had any issues with leaking or any mess, all without having to take my pants down.

The only problem I have had is with splashing. It seems no matter what angle or what speed I control my urine stream, I still splash if I’m peeing into a toilet. I had my husband pee into it to see if he would have the same problem, and to get sort of a comparison of his natural urination in contrast to urinating with the Fenis. He, unfortunately, had the same problem as me, and we can’t really figure out where we’re going wrong. The hole for the urine to exit the Fenis is much larger than the typical urethra, so I was thinking maybe that’s the issue. He thinks it’s just the way the hole was made.

Cleaning: If you’re at home, you can wash it with soap and water, use a 10% bleach solution on it, or boil it. If you’re out in a remote area, a quick rinse is good if water is available. If not, you can fold the device and store it in a bag for later cleaning. If you have any wet wipes with you or toy wipes, that’ll do.

Storage: The plastic bag it comes in is fine for storage. If you plan to always have it with you, you can fold it up pretty small and comfortably carry it around in your pocket. You know those capsules that you can get little toys out of from quarter machines at the grocery store, or those capsules that some nylons come in? Yeah, you can fold the Fenis up that small and cram it in one of those.

Opinion: If you’ve ever wanted to pee standing up, The Fenis could be an option for you. Not only is it made of body-safe material that is flexible enough to just fold it up and cram it in my pocket, it’s great for when bathrooms are disgusting or non-existent.

My only problem is the splashing. It’s really annoying to try to pee in a toilet with this thing only to be splashed with urine and toilet water. I’ve seen reviews from others who haven’t seemed to have had this problem, so maybe it’s just me. Maybe with some more practice I can get this to work out a little less splashy for me.

They’re fairly cheap, only $15 dollars right now. So, if it turns out to be splashy for you, too, you’re not in the hole too far. If pink isn’t your thing, they come in 16 vibrant colors. They even make more phallic versions in flesh tones for those who are transgender (not saying you couldn’t just use this version) or just want an STP device that looks more realistic. I’ve been told that they’re also working on carrying cases and other product designs, so I’ll be keeping an eye on them. In the meantime, go check them out!

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu